Sunday, November 30, 2014

Reflections: Learning Hub and Blog

     Almost seven months ago I ventured on a journey through a technology program from the University of New Haven.  Unaware of what I was getting into, my adventure started.  The first day was a bit overwhelming.  The work has not subsided but my knowledge has grown.  I have learned things in this program I was terrified to try prior to starting.  A learning hub and blog site were only a couple things I would have never started before but glad I did.
   This past assignment was to develop a learning hub.  This hub would contain my reflections, class materials, and contact information.  I have never developed a "hub" before so I thought it to be a little intimidating.  I started to use Wix as a learning hub but soon changed to Google Sites.  At first, I was against Google Sites.  It seemed as though I was greatly influenced by the graduates of ITDML program who favored Wix.  Once I started to play around with both sites I decided to stay with Google Sites.  I liked how it was easy to use but also knew a coworker who used Google Sites.  I knew if I had a question there was an expert coworker I could lean on for some advice.  Thus far I have used my hub as a place to direct my coworkers to when sharing items and lessons.  Just recently I have started to introduce it to my students and they seem to enjoy the easy access of one site.
     We were also asked to start a blog.  The blog is intended as a place where I can reflect and develop my digital identity. I chose to use blogger as my posting website.  I have really enjoyed using blogger.  My only complaint about blogger is the inconsistencies it has in regards to the layout.  On some of my blog post I needed to post the font in white print in order to show on my background and others I do not have to change a thing.  In other blog posts I have to highlight my post in white and have black print.  It has been frustrating but exciting experience but overall I am glad I chose to use blogger and am still really enjoying all of my information on the site.
     All in all, I have enjoyed my experience creating my learning hub as well as my blog.  I do not think I would have created either had it not been for this program and I am glad I did.  Just like the ever changing 21st century learning, I will be critiquing and sculpting both my blog and learning hub throughout the next year and hopefully many to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment