Sunday, September 14, 2014

Examples of Great Learning Hubs

     Once I was asked to start a learning hub I started to look at some inspirations of already developed great.  I had difficulty in finding one specific hub I liked.  There were many hubs I liked different pieces of but not one particular I wanted to only model.  With that said I have started my hub based on a combination of two different hubs. Trihard was the first hub I investigated and really liked. This learning hub has a short catchy title as well as a welcome statement.  Another reason why I chosen this site is it has a section for training articles.  I think it is extremely important to not only back up your ideas through research articles and videos.  Another aspect of trihard I liked was the tab which showed different events in your area to get involved in. 
     The second website I looked at was Plant Shark Fitness.  Unlike the first website, plant shark fitness talks about an area of fitness we too often forget about, nutrition.  Unfortunately, in order to see the information and helpful hints you would need to contact the person directly.  Not only did it include a section of healthy foods and recipes, but it also included a healthy shopping list.  Too often fitness is seen solely as exercise.  Although exercise is important, it needs to be paired with healthy eating habits.
     Both of these websites contain information I would like to use in my own learning hub.  They were easy to navigate and attractive.  Each website had a section to respond to.  One was in the form of a blog and the other was through email.  After looking at the two posts I would much rather attach my blog to my learning hub.  The reason I chose this is because much like many teachers say to their classes the first day, "don't be afraid to ask the question, chances are someone else has the same question."  Both blog included pictures which made the website inviting.  As you can see my investigating and creating is far from over; however, just like in any area of education, learning should never be over.  If I reach complacency, wouldn't it be boring?

No comments:

Post a Comment