Sunday, October 12, 2014

8Tracks: T.E.A.M. Together everyone achieves more-reflection

Photo CC by Wikipedia.com
     I would like to say using 8tracks was a great way to interact with our peers.  I really enjoyed the assignment and finding music.  I also think my students would love to be able to collaborate with their peers developing a play list based around a certain topic.  For example, in health we have a stress unit and I believe using 8tracks would be a fun, great way to collaborate! Thank you for introducing me to this. 
     The two songs I added was "I Turn to You" by Christina Aguilera.  The second song I posted was "Lean on Me" by Bill Withers.  The reason I choose both these songs is I feel they discuss an important piece of collaboration.  Leaning on one another and turning to your peers for advice are the heart of what collaboration really is.  A soccer team for example wouldn't be as successful if they didn't have different parts to their team.  They also wouldn't be as successful if they felt they couldn't count on one another. 
   Christina Aguilera's song, "I Turn to You" states,

"For a shield from the storm;
For a friend; for a love
To keep me safe and warm,
I turn to you.
For the strength to be strong;
For the will to carry on;
For everything you do;
For everything that's true,
I turn to you."


     The songs is based around a person who completely relies on her partner to help when the road gets tough.  It is important when working with others not only do you allow someone else to take the lead but also you trust them to do so.
    In the song "Lean on Me" Bill Withers discusses just that.

"Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on"
 
     When working with others it is important to lean on them for help, guidance and advice. We are all in this together and it is important to remember the motto T.E.A.M. because together everyone achieves more.

No comments:

Post a Comment