Thursday, July 31, 2014

My interpretation of CoPs, Connectivism and PLNs using Glogster


ITDML has opened my eyes to looking at my teaching practice differently.  I have looked at my classroom specifically as well as classrooms across all subject areas.  What I found fascinating is communities of practice, connectivism, and personal learning networks all have things in common.  For one, they all have been around for a very long time but might not have had a name attached to it.  Throughout my teaching career, the classroom has changed but the overall concept has not.  The information, although growing, has not changed.  What has changed in the way we not only obtain the information but also look at the data different.  My field of physical education has its own CoP's (Communities of Practice).  As physical education teachers, there are many opportunities for us to stay involved in the every changing subject of health and physical education.  Edmodo, twitter, and Facebook are only a few teachers use along with various other websites.  Connectivism is the way our information is not only presented but learned and shared.  Conferences, books, online readings, websites are only a few ways I connect with other educators.  Then there are PLN's (Personal Learning Networks).  These are online data bases for educators to connect to other educators and learn.  PEcentral is a great website used to share lesson ideas with other educators.  Ideas, critiques, assessments and much more can be found on this website.  As you can see all these areas of education interchange with one another.  Not only are they important, but they can enhance the classroom learning of the educator as well. One thing I have learned throughout my experience as an educator is technology is evolving.  Technology is also a main source where we receive and share our information.  It is our responsibility as educators to keep up with the technology. 

 

http://caricap12.edu.glogster.com/itdml-copconnectivism-and-pln/

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate the parallels to Edmodo from Communities of Practice. We're fundamentally social organisms, and we like to connect and learn socially.

    ReplyDelete