Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Network Learning Project Update

Making pierogi’s has not been as easy as it seems! I have been researching different things to add into the pierogi’s and have become a little intimidated. Not only have I been reasearching different recipes on the fillers but also found myself debating what casing I should use. One recipe discussed using wonton wrappers as the casing whereas other recipes said pierogi’s can only be made through original dough. My end result was heading over to my Polish neighbor’s house and asking what she would use...homemade dough it is!!! Per request of my husband and my seven year old daughter, I have also decided on trying to make two types of pierogi’s. One will be a dessert pierogi and one will be savory. Since my research and neighborhood help, I have tried making homemade dough but has been unsuccessful in the texture. I think it is back to the drawing board on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment