Wednesday, March 18, 2015

#walkmyworld Week 9: Story of Us

What do you have a unique perspective on? What have you learned while interacting with this group? What have you learned about learning and participating on the web? How will you use this information moving forward to use and share files in an open, friendly, respectful way?

Since being apart of the #ITDML program I have learned many things about the Internet.  Here are just a couple things I have taken away from the program and the #walkmyworld assignments:

1. Technology is not as scary as it seems
2. When it comes to technology, "playing with it" will get your farther then reading about it
3. You CAN become connected with honest, interesting people and realistic facts
4. Internet in the classroom doesn't mean text messaging
5. Students CAN learn with a device in front of them
6. Snapchat and other applications can be used for educational sharing
7. Not every student knows how to use technology (and properly)
8. It's a lot easier to share in a drive then it is to share paperwork
9. "Google it" isn't a bad saying
10. No matter where you live, technology can make the playing field equal.

Since the program started, I have shared files with my peers in the program. Then I started to share with my colleagues at work. Just recently, I started to share information with my students through Google drive. I learned that I can do this and it isn't that bad! One thing I have learned throughout the process, is most of students are unfamiliar with technology in the classroom as well. Sure they might know to do navigate the web faster then some teachers and know certain technological tricks I may not, but they still have to be taught about digital education etiquette. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment