Thursday, August 14, 2014

My Growth with PLN in Comparison to Jody Ceglarski


 There are many things in life pulling us in different directions.  Different thoughts, opinions, feelings and experiences.  Jody Ceglarski did a very different PLE focus than myself.  She did a great job talking about all the different avenues we as learners can take to develop our own personal learning environment.  I really liked how she clearly defined the types of technology she would use in her classroom and personal life.  My approach was slightly different.  I decided to do my PLE project through the eyes of an individual setting out on their first experience with the internet.  Even though our project were different, there were many things very similar.  For example, I indicated under resources, the internet is a way to shape and develop our personal learning environments.  Jody did as well!  We both realized there are vast amounts of new and different information on the internet to not only learn new information but also share information.  Being a teacher, sharing information over the internet is fast, fun and efficient!  Throughout this first section of the ITDML classes, I have learned a great deal about myself.  I have learned that technology is only scary when you don't take the time to learn from it.  I have learned there are many different avenues to use in our classrooms such as popplet, glogster, blogger, and skitch.  All these different types of technology can be used in my classroom to help my students better understand the material.  Many people fear technology because it is powerful.  Unfortunately, those very same people who fear the unknown do not take the time to learn the possibilities of enhancement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment