Saturday, August 2, 2014

Network Learning Project Update

For all those sharing in my pierogi journey, I must say I am getting better but not by much.  After making many different types of pierogi's my daughter has told me, "please stick with just the basic kind."  With that said, I have foreseen many challenges.  I have found a couple websites as well as a lot of videos on how to make pierogi's  I must say, all of them make it look easy and none of them offer helpful hints.  For example, in order to make the pierogi stick to itself I needed to search a couple different website recipes to learn egg or simply water can help adhere the dough together.  I also encountered the famous "overstuff" .  Anyone who makes pierogi's, ravioli's or simply anything stuffed knows what it means to be overstuffed.  I thought it would be an ok idea because my husband is a hungry man.  Turns out, the overstuffed pierogi does not do well in the boiling water.  Once I placed the overstuffed pierogi in the water, it cracked and all the stuffing seeped into the water.  Throughout the process my once "gritty" dough has become better and my lumpy filling is now creamy.  One thing I have not perfected is the amount of stuffing to use.  Stay tuned for the final video of my pierogi's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment