Monday, August 4, 2014

Online content construction by O’Byrne

After reading the article about online content construction I felt very much like Mrs. Vasquez.  I too am unfamiliar with technology although I enjoy it and find it useful especially in the classroom.  Just like Mrs. Vasquez, my principal had told us, as long as you are flexible, persistent and can manage change technology can work in your classroom. Mrs. Vasquez had not only her students but teachers work collaboratively to recreate online content.  By including the teachers as well, students felt empowered and in charge of their own education.  The article stated the students needed to  “reconsider their concept of “school” and rethink their role as a student”.  I found this quote interesting because I think we all need to “rethink” our role.  Whether we are teachers, students, or administrators we are all on the path of education.  Teachers have also taken the role as learners/mentors, students as teachers/mentors and administrators as delegators.  This article also defined online content construction the best.  Online content construction is collaborating, collecting, and analyzing information from various sources and recreating the information into a useful format for your needs. In the article, students used wki, videos, blogging,  and online collaboration.  Wiki has become a tool I would like to learn more about and potentially use it in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment